SOHO 1ST ITALIAN CONFERENCE
25th · 26th September 2019
This first SOHO Italy Conference, in bringing together leading SOHO experts and top Italian researchers in acute leukemias, MPDs and MDSs, aims to consolidate the Italian Hematology-SOHO partnership. The new Society “SOHO ITALY” will be represented by : Prof. G. Martinelli and Dr. C. Cerchione (IRST MELDOLA) and N. Daver, C. diNardo, A. Ferrajoli, N. Fowler, G. Garcia-Manero, E. Jabbour, H. Kantarjian, H. Lee, T. Kadia, M. Konopleva, A. Ravandi ( CANCER CENTER)
Here follows a focus about IRST and SOHO:
The Cancer Institute of Romagna (IRST) breaks new ground in multiple cancer research fields, with outstanding clinical programs, innovative preclinical research and educational excellences.
IRST provides state of the art diagnosis and treatment in a very wide range of cancer fields, in line with excellent healthcare system. The Institute offers precision medicine treatments through a multidisciplinary approach, which guarantees the most effective interventions for each patient.
Established in 2007 in Romagna (northeastern area of Italy not far from Bologna or Venice), IRST serves over 1.1 million inhabitants.
IRST is fully integrated within the national Public Health System: it is set upon a public-private partnership between:
– public Health Authorities;
– a non-profit social value private organization which supports cancer patients and IRST’s research activity;
– banking foundations
The Institute is a multi-specialty center with some high complexity clinical specialties such as radiometabolic therapy, last-generation radiotherapy treatments, cellular therapies, immunotherapy and dedicated hospital ward and outpatient day hospital.
Within the “Romagna Oncology Network” IRST organizes and steers:
– Oncology research and clinical trials;
– Research infrastructure necessary to promote, conduct and evaluate research with highly skilled dedicated clinicians, researchers, project and grant managers, study coordinators, data-managers and biostatisticians serving also as a CRO for externals;
– Treatments with emerging and innovative technologies;
– Continuous training and development in the field of oncology.
The Society of Hematologic Oncology (SOHO) was established as a non-profit organization in 2012 to promote worldwide research (education, prevention, clinical studies and patient care) into hematologic malignancies and related disorders. The SOHO network represents a point of reference for physicians and other healthcare professionals from more than 100 countries whose common aim is to find innovate and effective treatments for the myriad of diseases of hematological origin.
The SOHO 1st ITALIAN CONFERENCE will cover the latest advances in the pathophysiology and therapy of the following malignancies:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Crowne Plaza Rome · St. Peter’s
Via Aurelia Antica, 415 Roma – ITALY
FOLLOW US – SOHO ITALY! Enjoy and Share your social experience!